Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cougar Dens today

Today in Cougar Dens we were studying the pillar of trustworthiness.  As part of this study, we discussed a lot of things about trust.  The discussion led us to lying, secret keeping, following through on things you say you're going to do.  As part of our time together, I had students place a rolled up t-shirt over their eyes, and hold it behind their heads (a make shift blind fold, if you will).  Then, they chose a partner to guide them from one side of the classroom to the other, with only their words.  I even let a student lead me across the classroom.  He did a fantastic job and I made my way safely, twice.  I learned so much by letting him guide me.  I know I thoroughly enjoyed the activity and students seemed to enjoy it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment